Exclusive Yoga Wall Workshop
January 21, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
The Yoga Wall is a fun & empowering way to practice yoga while:reducing muscular effort releasing stiffness & creating more freedom in the joints. This beginner’s workshop is designed for all bodies and abilities. Space is limited, register early!
Yoga Wall History
Based on the principles of alignment, ‘the wall’ is used as a prop to deepen yoga postures by opening and creating space in the body using therapeutic techniques. The original “Yoga Wall” took on the form of ropes attached to wall hooks, designed by B.S. Iyengar. Overtime, the Yoga Wall has been modernized for greater comfort with the use of a new system of comfortable harnesses, supportive bars, and adjustable straps to accommodate all body-types. The Great Yoga Wall™ was invented in the early 1980’s, by Kedric Wolfe; he knew there had to be a “better way” to use the wall, with simple versatility. The wall can be used for a beginner that needs extra support for balance or by an advanced yogi who wants to use gravity to deepen their experience. Students with injuries or limitations may find that the Yoga Wall provides additional support as well as freedom in the joints and muscles, allowing for some relief.
Benefits of the Yoga Wall
- Allows standing postures, forward and back bends, twists and inversions.
- Can help improve overall flexibility and mobility in the joints and spine
- Builds strength in both the large muscle groups and the core.
- Creates ease in facilitating proper alignment for optimal spinal stability
- Aides in the ability to access various muscle groups in poses they are not yet able to achieve on the mat without support.
- Allows for safe progression of postures from the wall to yoga mat dissolving fear and building confidence.
- Reduces or eliminates back pain.
- Provides gentle spinal traction.
- Increases body awareness.
- Improves circulation and lymphatic flushing.
- Connects back to your inner child facilitating playfulness.
|YMCA at ACRC Member||$25|
Source: Ybor Restore Yoga & More.
New Year Fit Fest
Session: January 3 – February 9, 2x per week
Are you 14+ and need some motivation to get on track with your fitness journey? Join this fun and intense class that will help you start the new year off with a bang! Classes will be a guided program lead style that incorporates proper progression on exercises, modifications that allow the class to be as intense or newcomer friendly as possible, member challenges to create competition and comradery, corrective exercises to ensure safety, and most importantly fun!
|Tuesday & Thursday||6:00am – 6:45am|
|YMCA at ACRC Member||$60|
*Yoga mat included with the purchase of this session
Session takes place in Studio A