American Red Cross Swimming Lessons
Our swimming lessons are designed to help your swimmer overcome fears, build confidence in the water, and develop skills that will last a lifetime. We will provide a student-centered environment staffed with certified, well-trained instructors.
Our group swimming lessons are spread out over 3 weeks, with 2 lessons a week, resulting in a total of 6 swimming lessons. This way the swimmers get the repetition needed to learn and store the new skills.
We know you have busy schedules, that’s why we are offering 2 sessions for each level. You will have the choice of either a Monday and Wednesday class OR a Tuesday and Thursday Class.
- To get the most out of the lesson process we do not allow swimmers to attend a different level or move to a different time frame after the first week.
Click here to view our Lesson Selector
Designed to introduce young swimmers to the aquatic’s environment and teach them movement in the water. Helps introduce more basic skills and creates the groundwork for being safe in and around the water.
- Age: 3 – 5 yrs.
- Responds to verbal cues.
- Must be potty trained.
- Must be comfortable without a parent/guardian for 30 minutes.
|Age 3||Monday & Wednesday||4:30pm – 5:00pm|
|Age 3||Tuesday & Thursday||4:30pm – 5:00pm|
|Kindergarten||Monday & Wednesday||5:30pm – 6:00pm|
|Kindergarten||Tuesday & Thursday||5:30pm – 6:00pm|
Level 1 & Level 2
Designed to introduce swimmers to the aquatic’s environment. Help swimmers build on basic skills and continues to teach swimmers how to be safe in and around the water.
- Age: 5 yrs. +
- Must be able to leave a parent/guardian for longer than 30 minutes.
- Child must be able to walk or jump in the water without assistance.
|Monday & Wednesday||5:15pm – 6:00pm|
|Tuesday and Thursday||5:15pm – 6:00pm|
Level 3 & Level 4
Builds on the skills learned in previously, works towards introducing more advanced and fundamental skills, on both the front and back. As well as starts working on differences in the strokes.
- Age: 6 yrs. +
- Be able to fully submerge head without assistance.
- Child must be able to jump into chest deep water WITHOUT floatation devices.
- Child must be able to back float for 15 seconds.
- Be able to swim on their front for 5 yards.
|Level 3 & 4|
|Tuesday and Thursday||4:30pm – 5:15pm|
|Monday and Wednesday||4:30pm – 5:15pm|
Level 5 & Level 6
Focuses on improving and refining the different strokes, increases the swimmers’ individual abilities, and builds endurance.
- Age: 7 yrs. +
- Be able to jump into deep water feet first.
- Must be able to swim front crawl for 25 yards.
- Must be able to swim elemantry back stroke for 25 yards.
- Must be able to swim back crawl for 15 yards.
- Must be able to swim breaststroke for 15 yards.
- Swim completely underwater for 5 yards.
- Must be able to tread water for 1 minute
|Level 5 & 6|
|Monday & Wednesday||5:30pm – 6:15pm|
|Tuesday and Thursday||5:30pm – 6:15pm|
Parent/Child Swim Lessons
Parent child swim lessons are designed for children from 6 months to three years old and their parent or guardian. The goal is to help children be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills. They will also teach parents and guardians about water safety, drowning prevention, and supervision around water.
|Wednesday||5:00pm – 5:30pm|
Adult Swim Lessons
This class is designed for adults who are looking to learn how to swim or swim more efficiently. This is designed for the beginner to intermediate swimmer. This class will focus on Buoyancy, breath control, and foundational swim skills. Adults will help set their personal goals and the instructor will work with the swimmer to achieve those goals.
|Wednesday||5:45pm – 6:30pm|
After the 1st week of lessons, there will be NO refunds
Questions regarding our Lifeguard Training? Reach out to our Training Lead, Isaac Himebaugh. You can reach him by calling the Y at 507.433.1804 ext. 124 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.