At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That’s why our school-aged child care and Child Watch programs are staffed with people who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids. Offering the need to children to feel connected and supported in trying new things and the caring and reinforcement parents and families need to help each other.
Our expanded child watch area includes space for children ages 8 weeks to 10 years to explore and play for up to 1.5 hours while you enjoy the amenities of the facility. This area also has a dedicated Mother’s Room. This space is reserved for Members only or those visiting our facility on a guest pass. Parent/Guardian are required to remain on site while using our Child Watch.
Monday – Thursday 10:30am – 7:30pm
Friday 10:30am – 3:00pm
Saturday 7:00am – 11:30am
$20 unlimited monthly add-on or $3 per child for the 1.5 hour reservation block.
- You can make your reservations in advance, online for a 1.5 hour block. Each family can reserve only one 1.5 block per day.
- Reservations must be made for each child as spaces are limited due to small group sizing recommendations.
- Parents must remain on site, this does include outdoor classes on YMCA property.
- Please call and cancel any reservation that you are not able to keep.
- You are responsible for payment of your reserved spot.
- Please allow time for you and your families health screening when making your reservations.
- All staff will be wearing masks.
- Parents are encouraged to wash their child’s hands prior to dropping off in Child Watch. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- To help reduce the amount of people coming into Child Watch, staff will greet each family at our entrance gate.
- Toys and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day.
School Age Child Care
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Friday from 2:30pm – 5:30pm, on regularly scheduled school days at a rate of $35 per week, per child.
Enroll your child in our after-school program today! Children entering K-6th grade, will have the opportunity to join their Y friends and our friendly staff for supervised activities from 2:30 – 5:30pm, on regularly scheduled school days. Activities include arts/crafts, gym games, outside play (weather permitting), indoor playground, and a variety of other activities. After School Care will strive to provide a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for your child to spend their afternoons. Transportation is available from the schools to the Y – if this is of interest to you, please indicate so on the online registration form.
EARLY RELEASE / NO SCHOOL CARE
Early Release Childcare will run from 12:30pm – 5:30pm at a rate of $20 per day, per child.
No School Daze Care will run from 7:00am – 5:30pm at a rate of $30 per day, per child.
School is out, the Y is in! On regularly scheduled Early Release and No School days, the Y will provide additional care and MORE FUN to our participants. Y staff will create a fun atmosphere for your child to spend their “day off”, complete with fun activities, gym time, outdoor play, arts & crafts, and SO MUCH MORE! On the online registration form, you will have the opportunity to indicate which scheduled days you would like your child to participate in this fun program.
We will provide additional care in accordance with the Austin Public School District schedule.
First round of registration will CLOSE Wednesday, August 26 at midnight!REGISTER TODAY
For more information, you can reach out to our Program Coordinator Maddie Wolff. You can reach her by calling 507.433.1804 or by email at email@example.com.